Show-Me Christian Youth Home is compelled by Christ to rescue and restore young lives. Since 1967, Show-Me has provided safe, stable, loving homes and families to young people struggling because of circumstances in their current home environment. From the guidance of professionals, each child finds an individualized environment with layers of support designed to help them overcome their current struggles and find success. Our Path to Purpose and Leadership U programs prepare these young people to have the confidence, wisdom, encouragement, and resources they will need as they cross the bridge to adulthood.
How We Help
Show-Me’s methods of restoration offer more than simply a house in which kids live temporarily as they grow up. For over 50 years, children continue to find a safe, stable, loving home and family with layers of support geared toward their current and future success.
Home & Family
- Traditional Family setting with 6-8 siblings led by a set of trained house parents
- Family structure teaches respect for authority and provides healthy role models
- Children contribute to the needs of the family, find a security in belonging and develop empathy and responsibility
- Professional counselors support each child’ emotional, psychological, and spiritual needs
- Provides a safe place to process through overwhelming feelings and events
- Works with houseparents to help families address new coping methods
A Community of Support
- Not just any “village to raise a child” but an engaged, Christ-centered neighborhood
- Constant and consistent atmosphere of love and encouragement
- Volunteers and church communities enhance an environment of support